With Action Bronson for entree, this playlist will have you saying ‘Fuck, that’s delicious!’ With lyrics like I’m at the crib with the chef & uh, that’s me… and you could order whatever, the specialty is white snake & underwear sauce, the Chance The Rapper-assisted Bronson/Ronson collaboration has been on heavy rotation on our Soundcloud, so it’s only fitting that we let it whet your palate for the tasty playlist to come. March was heavy on the EDM/trap front, particularly so for Diplo, dropping new Major Lazer tracks as well as the finished product of his BFF project Jack Ü. Diplo contributes 5 new ditties to the list, first appearing during main course among a bunch of other fresh beats. With ear candy sprinkled throughout dessert, you should finish the 2.5 hour feast feeling sweet and satisfied.
Still hungry? Follow beatPrescription.com on Soundcloud for more tasty treats.
- Action Bronson ft. Chance The Rapper – Baby Blue [Prod. Mark Ronson]
- Tunji Ige ft. Wara From The NBHD & GrandeMarshall – Moving [Prod. Tunji Ige & Ben Pramuk]
- Waldo & Tre Capital – Double Edged Sword (The Alliance) [Prod. Sango]
- Wiz Khalifa x Ty Dolla $ign – Post Up [prod. Ty Dolla $ign]
- Lil Durk – Like Me ft. Jeremih (Remember My Name) [Prod. Vinylz & Boi-1da]
- OG Maco ft Wiz Khalifa – Night Like This (Remix) [Prod. Ricky P]
- Ca$h Out – Get In The Kitchen [Prod. Inomekindakitchen]
- Post Malone ft. 1st – TEAR$ [Prod. FKi, Charlie Handsome & Digi]
- Big Sean ft. Jhene Aiko – I Know [Prod. DJ Mustard]
- Marty Grimes ft. G-Eazy – The Famm [Prod. Syk Sense, Ducko McFli, Oz, KDE & DJ Fu]
- A$AP Lotto – Anyways [Prod. Tommy Avery]
- Flatbush ZOMBiES ft. Joey BadA$$ & Issa Gold – Did U Ever Think [Prod. Erick The Architect]
- OverDoz. ft. A$AP Ferg – Fuck Yo’ DJ! [Prod. THC]
- Le1f ☥ – Ooh (Truffle Butter) [Le1f Remix]
- Big Sean – Blessings [Ekali Remix]
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Multi-Love [20syl Remix]
- Grynpyret – A Song About Naps
- Tokimonsta – Realla feat. Anderson Paak [HWLS Remix]
- Rick Ross ft. Jay Z – Movin Bass [GTA Remix]
- Jack Ü ft. 2 Chainz – Febreze
- Drake – Know Yourself [Ekali Flip]
- bnjmn – the fuckin’ man (krs. & oshi remix)
- cashmere cat ft. Ariana Grande – Adore
- Jack Ü ft. Justin Bieber – Where Are Ü Now
- Maya Payne – If Only [Daktyl Remix]
- Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ – Lean On
- Purity Ring – Bodyache
- Jack Ü ft. AlunaGeorge – To Ü
- Alesso ft. Roy English – Cool [Sweater Beats Remix]
- Hermitude – Through The Roof [Sable Remix]
- Mr. Carmack – Pay For What [LUCA LUSH Remix]
- marshmello – WaVeZ
- TOKiMONSTA – Nope
- Cavalier x KRNE – Hands Tied
- marshmello – WroNg
- Paper Diamond – Take Me Away
- Charli XCX ft. Rita Ora – Doing It [Keys N Krates Remix]
- GTA ft. Sam Bruno – Red Lips
- Stooki Sound & Regulators – Flex
- Major Lazer – Roll The Bass
With a glorious Bollywood backdrop, the video for Lean On embraces Indian culture in all it’s glory, allowing Diplo the opportunity to get his shirt off (yet again) and bask in a hot-tub filled with petals. Danish singer MØ provides the vocals and gets a mean inner thigh workout in the video, compressing and expressing her adductor muscles all over the Mumbai palace in which the video is filmed. Directed by Tim Erem, the visual does conjure up a throwback to Iggy Azalea’s video for Bounce due to the shared Bollywood theme, but do you even know that song? No? Exactly! So go on, escape your crazy-busy websurfing schedge and indulge in a little slice of India, courtesy of this most recent Major Lazer x DJ Snake collaboration.
For beats on the regular, follow beatPrescription on Soundcloud.
The landscape of R&B these days is vastly different to that in which the likes of 112, Boys II Men & Blackstreet once heralded. No longer is the terrain all smooth sailing and as J Cole recently reminded us – nobody sings about love no more. Back in the day, your typical R&B joint would certainly not contain the F or N words or any reference to drug culture. In 2015, those days are gone and the new wave of PBR&B or ”alternative R&B” is upon us.
Thank god, because I for one now find this genre much more interesting. Bryson Tiller joins the likes of fellow crooners Tory Lanez, Jeremih & The Weeknd by keeping the lyrical nature of his music more accessible to todays’ hipster-R&B listener.
Peep the visual for his infectious, flagship single Don’t;
Tiller interchanges rhythm and rap in the Ayo produced Set You Free;
The trend continues with the Syk Sense produced Let Em Know;
Last one – Break Bread, featuring additional rhymes from King Vory;
The lyrics are killer, yung Tiller <3
There must be something in the water in the A.T.L, because honest to God, every time I hear something new and it’s dope, they’re from Atlanta. Gravez is another young beatmaker from the region, who has been pretty active in the last few months re-imagining beats such as Drake’s 10 Bands;
His OG stuff is just as rad as the multitude of remixes on his Soundcloud. Last month, Gravez featured in a crazy-good collab with Cavalier called Storm;
Before that he dropped a joint effort with yung up-and-comer Oshi entitled Sell Soul;
And this week he combined forces with Ozzie, sampling vocals from Justin Skye with the R&B laced All Yours;
Atlanta… can’t wait to be inside you. See you there Gravez!
As if emerging from the woodwork after her appearance at the Superbowl, Missy Elliott drops a remix of Jack Ü‘s Take Ü There, reminding some of us just how good a rapper-writer-producer-sick bitch she is. Her performance of Get Your Freak On, Work it & Lose Control alongside Katy Perry had Gen Zeds saying “Um excuse me who the fuck is Missy Elliott?”, resulting in old-school gems like Beep Me & Pass That Dutch getting heavy hits on the YouTubes post Superbowl emergence.
With Jack Ü recently dropping goodies in the form of ‘Yeah I’m the shit I should have Febreze on me’ featuring 2 Chainz & Where Are Ü Now featuring a sensual sounding Justin Beiber, Missy Elliott does her magic to keep their five-month old debut single top of mind.
And here’s the much drop such wow OG version of the Diplo x Skrillex side projects’s first music video, complete with Kiesza close-up, intoxicating festival footage & neon doodles.
Follow beatPrescription on Soundcloud for more trap tracks & playlists.
Making 4 playlist impressions a pop, in the hypothetical horse race that is hip-hop production, Mike WiLL Made-It & DJ Mustard are neck and neck. Mike WiLL’s been making it with Rae Sremmurd & Two 9, his 4th appearance in the form of a mean nosleep remix of This Could Be Us. Mustard has also been keen, unlikely collaborating with DJ Snake (the pair have a go at Zhu’s Faded) & Cashmere Cat. Having already made 3 appearances in the list, his 4th is in the form of a charming sampling delight, affectionately named ‘mustard‘ by 16 year old beatmaker Oshi (see track 26). Honourable mentions go to Track 1, yet another example of The Weeknd being the master of improvement (ie; Drunk In Love remix), Track 17 for inducing eargasms with the effortlessly cool White Iverson, Track 18 because what the fuck Ca$h Out is singing and finally Track 30, a Spenzo/LEP Bogus Boys rap over a nasty Adventure Club dubstep remix of Flight Facilities Crave You. Yay for sampling!
Hip-hop & trap on the regular at soundcloud.com/beatPrescription
- The Weeknd ft. Swae Lee & Future – Drinks On Us (Remix) [Prod. Mike Will Made-It]
- Chrishan ft. Rae Sremmurd – Come Get Her (Remix) [Prod. Mike Will Made-It]
- Tinashe ft. Iggy Azalea – All Hands On Deck (Remix) [Prod. Cashmere Cat & Stargate]
- Chris Brown & Tyga ft. Lil Boosie – Real One [Prod. DJ Mustard]
- IAMSU! ft. Tyga – Hella Good [Prod. IAMSU!]
- Ca$h Out & Fetty Wap – Dope Boy [Prod. DJ SpinKing]
- EarthGang ft. Mac Miller – Monday [Prod. Shine]
- Action Bronson – Terry [Prod. The Alchemist]
- Problem – Compton [Prod. Salva]
- TWO-9 Ft. Wiz Khalifa & Ty Dolla $ign – Full House [Prod. Metro Boomin]
- Vado ft Chinx – Told Ya [Prod. Dolla Bill Kidz]
- Migos – One Time [Prod. Deko]
- Snow Tha Product – AyAyAy! [Prod. Blue, The Misfit]
- Father ft. iLoveMakonnen & Richposlim – Young Hot Ebony (Remix) [Prod. Father]
- TWO-9 – She Could Be Shorty [Prod. Mike WiLL Made-It]
- Bryson Tiller – Set You Free [Prod. Ayo]
- Post Malone – White Iverson [Prod. FKi]
- Ca$h Out – You Should Be Ready [Prod. InomekInDaKitchen]
- Alo Lee ft. Lox Chatterbox – Blindsight [Prod. Yugana & Lox Chatterbox]
- Tory Lanez – Dímelo [Prod. Snakehips]
- Rae Sremmurd – This Could Be Us [nosleep remix]
- P Reign – Yes We Faded [Prod. Keys N Krates]
- Drake & Lil Wayne – Money To Blow [KRS Remix]
- DJ Carnage & iLoveMakonnen – I Like Tuh
- subdaio – Dipset
- oshi – mustard
- KR$CHN – I’d Wait In Line
- Wiz Khalifa – This Plane [French Dose Remix]
- GAWTBASS ft. Lox Chatterbox – Lucy
- Spenzo ft. LEP Bogus Boys – Dripping In Gold [Prod. Adventure Club]
- Drake – 1ø Bands [Gravez Remix]
- Zhu – Faded 2.0 [DJ Snake & DJ Mustard Remix]
- Cavalier ft. Gravez – Storm
- TroyBoi – Do You?
- Cashmere Cat & DJ Mustard – Ice Rink
- Drake – Energy [GAWTBASS & Nato Feelz Bootleg]
- OG Maco – U Guessed It [Corporate Slackrs & Eric Rush Remix]
- Flosstradamus & TroyBoi – Soundclash
- ODESZA ft. Shy Girls – All We Need [Autograf Remix]
- Infuze ft. Charlie Vox- Go Away
After he pulled out of Perth’s Listen Out festival last year and then got evacuated due to a bomb threat at Perth’s Metro City nightclub (affectionately known as Met Hoe City) last month, it’s a sight for sore eyes to finally see YG this month. The Bompton rapper – whom I have yet to see in the flesh, despite an accumulated investment of $210AUD – features in the video for Dangerous, by dudes The Neighbourhood (often stylized as The NBHD). The black and white backdrop is visually stunning with illustrations by The Krizzo, obligatory bad bitches during YG’s verse, #girlswithtattoos for the fellas, #boyswithtattoos for the ladies, a sexy whip for the car enthusiasts and an enchanting monochrome kaleidoscopic puzzle scattered with all sorts of luxury to tie it all up with the ensuing credits. Indulge away.
just a teaspoon of bass for when you wanna chill…
Background noise is of the utmost importance when you want to zone the fuck out. Some people like to do that with nothing but the repetitive sound of their own smoking routine. Others prefer Home & Away and the kettle on. And then are those that just like a bit of bass.
The Chill Trap Chillaxlist aims to satisfy those people, with several hours of sexy/dreamy goodness.
(if any one knows who designed the playlist art, please let me know!)
& here’s one we prepared earlier (eight months ago)
If you’re not familiar with the name Shlohmo yet, you’re probably familiar with at least one of his beats. He makes beats gooooooood. Eargasms were first experienced with remixes of Drake and Jeremih, respectively. If their voices weren’t eargasm-inducing enough, Shlohmo works his magic and the outcome is, for lack of a more appropriate word, goooooooooood.
Last year he collaborated with Banks (gorgeous girl, addictive voice) producing the track Brain;
When Jeremih isn’t making cameos and getting touchy-feely in the studio on Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta, he does a fair bit of work in the studio with our friend Shlohmo. So much so, they decided to release a mixtape together entitled No More, featuring the title track & Bo Peep (Do You Right);
This week he dropped suitably creepy and unsettling visuals for his instrumental Buried;
Marco! Shlohmo :)
Amidst much speculation as to whether he is banging Nicki Minaj on the regular, Meek Mill drops a new track and video with B Boy, supported by little but Big Sean and A$AP Ferg. The 3 fellas throw a spectacular house party in a MTV Cribsworthy abode, parading a plethora of clashing prints, excessive (in both quantity and design) gold chains and the baddest of bad bitches. Being rapper rich affords you the luxury to tumble-dry papers just cos you can and cos it looks pretty cool, and Spike Jordan has the boys doing just that and then some. Ain’t no shame… they can afford it.
Don’t hate – appreciate.